You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 1 - Concept Plans

After doing my main body of primary and secondary research I made a mind map to branch out and form some ideas based on what we needed to develop.



Print Info Pack:

Content:

Information - History, etc.
Infographic How To's.
Preparation of Print.
Games.
Examples.
General - Stock considerations, colour systems, commercial costings.
Diagrams.

Prints:

Quote or image related to the printing technique.
A different print for each spoken method.
Size of print must be relative to pack.

Books:

Spines make up a word or image.
One book on print as a whole.
Several books divided up into different print mediums.
Binding methods - Coptic, Side sewn, Japanese Stab, Thermal tape, Saddle Stitch, Staple, Elastic.

What mediums am I going to cover?

I definitely want to cover screen printing within my processes as it is a printing medium I am very fond of and have a true interest in it.

Embossing is also a medium I would like to cover as it is a work of art in itself to put paper under such pressure an imprint is left whether it is a company logo, a typographic piece or just a small detail, I think it makes a huge impression and definitely represents professionalism.

I have always appreciated hand rendered and time consuming processes and this is why I want to cover lino-cut printing. The results themselves can be incredible to remember it was all hand cut from a chunk of lino. But at the same time, when using it there are massive risks in ruining a whole piece of work every second you are chipping away at it.

Who is it for and what is my tone of voice?

This project is aimed at students who would be new to print processes as this would work as a directory of each process brought together in one pack. The tone of voice will be informative but not dull so the audience continue to read and learn. I don't want it to be so content filled it is boring, and I don't want it so brief no one gets anything from it. For this reason I will back up my body copy with illustrations and images to keep it visual and interesting to students.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.