You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 1 - Design Plans

Design Elements:

Colour:

I want my colour-schemes to be primary, bold and stand well with black and my stock colour.

I decided I wanted each book to have it's own colour scheme of [Colour - Black - Stock], this will clearly give it it's own feel and identification.

I realised the number three was quite predominant in my publication. So in consistency with the fact the whole project is about manual print and the colour mode for print is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and my consistent colour Black. This made sense to me to use these three colours for each book.

Screen Printing - Cyan.
Lino-cut Printing - Magenta.
Embossing - Yellow.

Typography:

In regards to the typography elements of my books, I wanted a very clean, flat, simple but interesting typeface which would keep people reading.

My favourites came to be Baron Neue and Solomon Black. I think my decision has come to Solomon Black as it has the versatility of lowercase characters.




Imagery:

For the use of images in my books, I want to keep a minimal, simple and clear use of flat lines and shading with the book's colour in different opacities. This will keep the books in an easy to follow manner I am going for.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.