You Are Reading

OUGD503 - Summative & Module Evaluation

Summative Evaluation:

This module has definitely been my favourite by far at university. I have been able to spread my wings to the outside world and work with interesting, creative and difficult people making my understanding of the trade a lot more in depth.

Working as a professional is both scary and exciting at the same time, to begin with I was very nervous about working in the real world with real people producing real outcomes. However, I found that after the first ones, I grew a lot of confidence and found the work easier to complete.

I have enjoyed working with different kinds of people as I now have experience in a wide range of different clients, the good, the bad and the ugly. Thankfully I had no problems in collecting payment from my clients but I was always very careful and took a deposit to begin the work anyway. As the module deadline grew nearer and nearer I realised that I was starting to charge more for the work I was doing. This is probably a reflection of my confidence in talking to people grew as well as my experience.

Over summer I am going to continue working with clients and gaining myself valuable experience of working with people and completing briefs for real life deadlines (as well as earning some money). With the people I have networked with thanks to this brief and then contacts turning into more contacts with testimonials and recommendations, I have found myself with a waiting list of three full scale branding and identity projects for the summer including Bassment's new look, a bridal boutique opening in Holmfirth in September and possibly a multi-million pound publishing company based in the USA, UK & China.

I am very grateful for the experiences this module has delivered as well as the work I am proud of and mistakes I have learned from.



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.