You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 2 - Study Task 6

Part 1:


Part 2:


The only way I can see this being a poor design is mixture of aesthetics in one place. The mixture of five different typefaces really ruins it for me however the whole layout and usability of the site is excellent through use of grids and navigation.


I originally chose this site to bring in as there is a very inventive form of navigation involved which is consistent throughout the site. Scrolling through what seems to be a jagged array of images which move onto further pages in the site is actually really well designed with a grid which keeps things in balance. These images are constantly moving whilst the mouse hovers over them. There isn't anything I dislike about the usability of this site.


The layout of this site is perfectly balanced and is aesthetically eye catching as a site. I like the minimal use of colour and the menu bar being centralised and in line to the name of the company. This above a duotone slider is really clean and professional showing good design ethics and a clever use of grids.


This was chosen for it's interesting homepage. Each box linking to a specified page of the site, the page is divided into thirds for this to be function able in large scale which isn't often done now online, but this is a good example of one being done in a successful way.


This website caught my eye as I was greeted by a rather high resolution image of the product they sell with their logo and ethics centralised as a focal point, below this a find out more button was visible, when clicking this, the website slowly scrolled down to it's next page which was consistent in aesthetics with a white background and black text and professional images in a balanced grid system.

I enjoyed this exercise as a whole as I became aware of different and unique ways of navigation throughout a website without hindering design aesthetics.

I then designed my website based on feedback I have received and grids:




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.